Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ladies Night Out

So, how many new moms do you know? 

My best friend had her baby boy five months ago. That's five months that she's been at home, learning to be the best new mommy and talking baby talk. She thought she needed a night out. 

We all agreed.


And who doesn't like Funfetti Cupcakes?



These were perfectly moist, super fluffy. My only complaint was that I was out of confetti jimmies. So I used nonpareils. They totally smeared their colors... Don't worry though. That didn't stop them from being eaten!


I used Sweetapolita's Funfetti Layer Cake with Whipped Vanilla Frosting. I didn't alter her cake recipe except to make it into cupcakes. I use an ice cream scoop disher- it's aproximately a #20- but it can be VERY uneven in dishing out batter. (I've got a few on my wish list and my birthday is coming up...in four months) Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes. I think one tray took 18, so check them with a toothpick if you are worried.

I also used Sweetapolita's Frosting. However, I altered a bit, so I've listed my version here for you.



Vanilla Bean Buttercream
adapted from Sweetapolita

Ingredients
3 sticks + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3.5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla bean paste 

Method
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter for 8 minutes on medium speed. Butter will become very pale & creamy.
2. Add sugar and cream and mix on low speed for 1 minute, then on medium speed for 4 minutes.
3. Add the vanilla bean paste and mix on high speed for 2 minutes. Frosting should be light, fluffy and very creamy. 

This frosting is great for piping. Just use a spatula to remove any air bubbles before putting in a piping bag. 

Cupcakes are best stored at room temperature, in a caddy or covered dish. If you need to refrigerate, bring them to room temperature at least 2 hours before serving.  
 Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

bleu

No comments:

Post a Comment